To make imitation crab
- Imitation Crab
- One Red Onion
- Lemon Juice
- Black Pepper
- White Rice
- Penco breadcrumbs
- Canola or Vegetable Oil
- Eal Sauce
- Spicy Mayo (optional)
Before you begin prepare a frier with either canola or vegetable oil at a very high temperature
1. First we will make the Imitation crab
- Mix imitation crab, red onion, a very small amount of mayonnaise, a small amount of lemon juice, and black pepper.
- You could use store bought imitation crab alone and it would work just fine.
- Place a sheet of nori flat on a bamboo roller
- cover nori with white rice
- add imitation crab, avocado, and cucumber
- Roll bamboo to form California roll
4. egg wash it and roll in Penco breadcrumbs
5. Quickly dunk roll in the hot oil and then remove, it doesn't take long for it to fry.
6. Now slice and plate the roll
7. If you want it to be a little spicy add a drop of spicy mayonnaise on each roll and then place a thin slice of jalapeno on top of that.
8. lastly apply Eal sauce in a zig-zag pattern over entire dish.